Tuesday 10 August 2010

Delivering Hitchcock

As I was leaving the late night screening of Inception last night (amazing by the way), I spotted the poster for upcoming George Clooney film: The American, due out in September.  




A flash of Clooney's previous film poster Burn After Reading then sprung to mind - and suddenly it came to me.  What they both have in common is a similar style, both bearing an striking resemblance to a period of a particular iconic movie genius.  Can you guess which one?






OK, enough with the suspense already (not that the title of this blog post wasn't a dead giveaway).  Both recent named movie posters, appear to carry a blatant salute to the Hitchcock style film posters of the late 50’s, such as Vertigo (1958) and The Man who knew too Much (1956).  Do you see it now?  Uncanny.




I've also spotted a few other nods to the 50's and early 60's, recently.  I will keep them under wraps for now, as I may have to dedicate an entire post to it.  How exciting.  Watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment