Tuesday 14 September 2010

Liberty Vs. Selfridges – My Shoes are better than your Shoes!

Some may think it’s a case of, ‘what Selfridges can do we can do better!’  It is after all shoe crazy over there on Oxford Street!  What am I talking about; you honestly don’t know?!  Come on ladies - the new shoe emporium at Selfridges has been in the making for a while now - and as if that wasn't enough, as of last week, Liberty has played its hand and has unveiled the wicked and wonderful world of Manolo Blahnik in the famous Regent Street store.

                               


Yes, indeed; having sourced through his archive to create what Liberty is calling a ‘lust worthy’ collection, this exclusive range of Manolo Blahnik is visually astounding. I'm actually predicting that there are enough die-hard Blahnik fans out there, to rinse this collection in no time at all.  I should add that there are also some fabulous accessories available, so if your purses can't quite stretch to footwear, you can take a piece of this world home through another fabulous item of beauty, such as a handkerchief, pillow or umbrella.



Personally, I am still aroused by the shoe frenzy at Selfridges.  Just in case you had forgotten my post at the end of last month, the AMAZING new Shoe Emporium at Selfridges is being unveiled this season (the final completion being this Thursday 16th).   Liberty had no choice but to pull out its guns – I mean, come on - alongside the dribblingly fantastic and awe-inspiring exhibit of Vivienne Westwood’s shoe history (being showcased in the Ultralounge), Liberty couldn't just sit there and take a hit bashing!



Unfortunately, the Vivienne Westwood Collection merely flavours our minds with a  retrospective of the punk Queens' world of mayhem - the pieces are not for sale - but that's OK.  Even being in the same room as this collection of playful and passionate pieces of footwear, was enough for me to get to 'that place' (don't get me started).  Here is a selection of my favourite pieces.  Miaaooow!



I have to admit, I am slightly biased towards this designer, having carried out a work placement with her whilst a young and hungry fashion student.  I fell in love with her artistic endeavours back then and have folllowed her work ever since.  To me, no one will ever quite get the right mix between, sex, silhouette and rock 'n' roll like this lady.  She truly, just is....




I will end by saying, if you haven't already - check out the magical Vivienne Westwood shoe story on the Lower Ground floor at Selfridges in the Ultralounge - showing until 3rd October.  If you're more of a Manolo Blahnik kinda girl, you will love Liberty this season.  If however you’re more of a Choo girl, all I can say is ‘unclench’ - your time will come.


My sentiments exactly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment